Chapter 13 is designed to provide financially distressed individual debtors the opportunity to propose and carry out a repayment plan under Court supervision and protection. A person who operates a small business as a sole proprietor may also file under this chapter; however, a corporation or partnership may not be a Chapter 13 debtor.
See the Court’s fee schedule for the most up-to-date information regarding the Chapter 13 filing fee. The fee may be filed in installments if the petition is accompanied by an Application and Order to Pay Filing Fee in Installments.
All bankruptcy forms may be obtained at https://www.uscourts.gov/forms/bankruptcy-forms.
Please be advised that the starred items below are required to file a case with the Court, even a "skeletal" or emergency case. If any of the starred items below are missing, the Clerk's Office will be unable to accept your documents and open your case.
- Voluntary Petition Official Form B101 (Page 1-8)*
- Additional Schedules:
- Statement of Financial Affairs for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy (individuals) (Official Form 107)
- Schedule A/B - Property (Official Form 106A/B)
- Schedule C - The Property You Claim as Exempt (Official Form 106C)
- Schedule D - Creditors Who Have Claims Secured by Property (Official Form 106D)
- Schedule E/F - Creditors Holding Unsecured Claims (Official Form 106E/F)
- Schedule G - Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases (Official Form 106G)
- Schedule H - Your Codebtors (Official Form 106H)
- Schedule I - Your Income (not required for non-individual filings) (Official Form 106I)
- Schedule J - Your Expenses (not required for non-individual filings) (Official Form 106J)
- Summary of Your Assets and Liabilities and Certain Statistical Information (Official Form 106Sum)
- Declaration About an Individual Debtor's Schedules (Official Form 106Dec)
- Disclosure of Compensation of Attorney for Debtor(s) (not required for pro se filings)
- Notice Required by 11 U.S.C § 342(b) for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy (required only if pro se debtor) (Official Form 2010)
- Bankruptcy Petition Preparer's Notice, Declaration, and Signature (required only if pro se debtor has obtained a processing service to complete their petition) (Official Form B119)
- Chapter 13 Statement of Your Current Monthly Income and Calculation of Commitment Period* (Official Form B 122C-1 and B 122C-2 if applicable)
- Mailing Matrix* (this is a typed mailing list of just names and addresses for all your creditors, codebtors and other parties listed in your bankruptcy; the Court uses it to create a mailing database. It must be typed and if possible, should be single-column. No case will be accepted without a matrix)
- Statement About Your Social Security Numbers* (Official Form B 121)
- Certification of Pre-petition Credit Counseling*
- Application and Order to Pay Filing Fee in Installments (if applicable)* (Official Form B103A)
- Chapter 13 Plan
- Certificate of Service to the Chapter 13 Plan
All remaining schedules and the Statement of Social Security Number must be filed with the Court within fourteen (14) days from the date of filing. The Chapter 13 Plan must be filed with the Court within fourteen (14) days from the date of filing. The Certificate of Service to the Chapter 13 Plan must be filed within twenty one (21) days from the date of filing.